10 Reasons why your business needs to migrate to Windows 10
Windows 7 has been a hugely successful OS, but in January 2020, it will lose technical support from Microsoft. With no further updates or patches, any business still running on Windows 7 may be caught out.
Plus, your organisation will be missing out on all the benefits of Windows 10. From advanced security to enhanced productivity, the new OS offers plenty of cutting-edge technologies to empower your business.
January 2020 may seem like a long way off, but that deadline will come around quickly. While migration needn’t be a daunting task, it definitely should not be left until the last moment. Below are ten reasons good reasons why you should start your migration plans now.
1) You’ve got a hard deadline. Security and technical support ends on 14th January 2020, from then on, you’re on your own.
2) You don’t want to be a target. In 2018, supply chain attacks grew by 78% and the use of malicious PowerShell scripts increased by 1,000% (Symantec, 2019)
3) Data breaches mean big costs. Don’t risk GDPR fines and your reputation. The average cyber-attack costs UK businesses £305,357 (Webroot, 2018).
4) Migration isn’t an overnight job. Audits, assessments, planning and project management take months of work. Not a last-minute push.
5) Preparation is everything. You’ll need to test your upgrade process, get the right back-end software in place and tackle legacy applications.
6) You need time for training. Give IT the time to learn how to manage the new OS. Train business teams to navigate Windows 10’s extensive new features.
7) Stronger security, less hassle. Benefit from a simple, secure sign-in with Windows Hello. Browse safely online with SmartScreen.
8) Enhanced productivity. Windows 10’s productivity features include improved multitasking, integrated cloud-services and the Cortana personal assistant.
9) Hardware support. Packed with high-performance features, Windows 10 makes full use of today’s multi-core processors and powerful GPUs.
10) It’s time for a refresh. Would new PCs and new form factors improve the efficiency and flexibility of your workforce?
Microtechs 24x7x365 White label support services
Based in Surrey, Microtechs are an established and experienced end user support centre. Our Help desk and NOC experts can monitor your servers and support queue (email, RMM & phone) 24×7 or just as overflow. The Microtechs White Label support service offers a cost effective, 24×7 support option perfect for providers with an expanding customer base.
You may ask yourself:
- How can I offer support 24/7 without the stress & cost of recruiting and training?
- How can I free up my team’s time, to enable us to grow the business?
- How can I improve my bottom line?
Microtechs can help.
- Office hours or 24/7
- UK based from Guildford, Surrey
- 1st & 2nd line / NOC and incident management capabilities
- Ability to learn bespoke applications
- All white labelled to your brand
- 25-50% reduction in overheads
- Pricing from £500 per month
- Sole traders through to enterprise companies supported
Here’s what our customers have said;
“Using Microtechs to extend the helpdesk capabilities for our organisation has been a very worthwhile venture for us. The transition was very easy and simple, and we have found the Microtechs staff to be both knowledgeable and professional; in their dealings with our clients.”
“My customers receive a polite service and their issues are dealt with quickly and professionally. In short Microtechs provide a courteous, effective and cost-efficient service that enables me to offer my customers 24/7 support without the associated expense.”
It would be great to have a chat with you and understand a little about your business, even if you are not quite ready to outsource.
Live chat us now or call 01483 407417