Duty Supervisor (Days/Nights/Weekends) Apply here
We are a growing business within the IT Sector, based in Guildford. We are looking for a help desk Supervisor to work on our busy service desk, an immediate start would be preferable.
This is a full time position with excellent progression opportunities. We are looking for someone to join our Network Operations Team, working flexible shifts.
You must have good communication skills, As an individual you need to be a well organised self-starter, with the ability to manage your own workload as well as that off the 1st line agents on your shift.
It would be advantageous if candidates for the position have a technical understanding Active Directories, Windows server 2008+, Networking, Router and Office 365, although an in-depth knowledge is not essential.
The focus of this role is on the management of the team, adhering to process and policy within that team and ensuring all day to day duties and ad hoc tasks are completed or handed over to the oncoming shift.
Past experience of leading/supervising people in a support environment would be valuable as we would like the successful candidate to bring new, fresh ideas into the team.
- Answer support queries via phone and email
- Monitoring and supervision of support staff.
- Monitoring and adhering to strict SLA’s.
- Responding to and Monitoring various software platforms
- Monitoring network & software status using digital monitoring software.
- Logging of customer requests and incidents
- Diagnosing and rectifying technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Provide applications and infrastructure support to our growing client base
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Working with senior engineers on escalated tickets.
- Logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Managing Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2012 & Online
- Server administration including Windows Server 2008, 2012, Active Directory, File and Print services, shares and Group Policy
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a helpdesk environment
- Previous experience of leading/supervising people
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Experience using Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Basic understanding of PC, laptop and tablet set-up and configuration.
This position is a shift pattern covering 24 x 7.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
- supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- helpdesk: 1 year (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered