We are a growing business within the IT Sector, based in Guildford. We are looking for a IT Helpdesk Technicianto work on our busy service desk. An immediate start would be preferable. This is a full time position with excellent progression opportunities & the potential to be put through multiple IT courses.
The company provides 24/7 service. This is shift work on night rotation only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer support queries via phone and email
- Logging of customer requests and incidents
- Diagnosing and rectifying technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Provide applications and infrastructure support to our growing client base
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Working with senior engineers on escalated tickets.
- Logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Managing Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2012 & Online
- Server administration including Windows Server 2008, 2012, Active Directory, File and Print services, shares and Group Policy
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience of a similar support role
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Some experience using Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Basic understanding of PC, laptop and tablet set-up and configuration.
- A+ Certification or higher preferred but experience essential
42.5 hours per week (Overtime Available)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21-24k DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
- Helpdesk: 1 year (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered